View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Lilro

Oh Susie I feel you....

I am sitting here on my club chair typing into my iPad with organic coconut oil slathered on my face and in my hair!!! I have become the queen of moisturizing, eyelashes popping ( thank you l'Oreal million lashes ) and nail-a-clawing. Too bad I have a chicken neck that will soon be turning into turkey neck. What are we older broads to do, right?

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! Welcome to 52!! Woohoo!!!! We made it!!

Ya know every once in a while I run across a photograph of myself pre-exabf. I don't even know that girl anymore. I think though that's probably a good thing, she was a bit naive, way too trusting and obviously looking for love in all the wrong places. What I see in the mirror now? A single mom to a boy that has his head on straight, a realtor ( yup, me too ) that loves her job, a woman who is a whole lot wiser to the ways of the world outside of the protective and close knit family she originated from, a woman who owns her own home, takes care of her own bills and who in time will be ready to love again.
It's sad, lonely and exhausting at times to be on our own but it's also peaceful and a whole lot less chaos. For that I am grateful for. You'll get there, keep your chin up!!
What I am not grateful for???? This morning instead of the normal one chin hair that pops up every now and then there were three!!!!! Ugh!!!!
What's a girl to do? Right?
Enjoy this time, the alternative could be much worse!
Big Hug Sus
Ro