Thread: Its a mess !!
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by Nessa71 View Post
Thanks for that advice BeccyBean...... I'm in limbo as I thought he would be my crutch.
You see hes been there himself??

I will be strong, and I will beat this
x
I suppose, because he's been there himself he knows only too well that this is something that each of us has to do for ourselves. No matter how much we love someone we can't do the work for them.

Have you considered AA at all? It really has helped me. If you're uncertain about all that kind of stuff for now, it may well be worth just researching what is available in your area; find the places and write down the times - that way, you'll have the info to hand if you do decide you need it (you may not feel up to finding the info that day).

There are some great links on here about making your own sobriety plan - things you can do to help you stay sober. In the meantime, be especially wary of the H.A.L.T. triggers - Hungry; Angry; Lonely; Tired. Think what you can do to avoid these things, and do it.

You may well be feeling like this is the end of everything at the moment. I know I did when I realised that I HAD to do something about my drinking and my life. But it was really just the beginning. Life can be quite wonderful sober - it's just a matter of learning to be comfortable with it.

Keep posting and reading on here - people on this site really helped me to get through those first really difficult weeks with their suggestions and advice. It's an amazing resource.