Thread: 100 days
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 09:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Warpaint

100 days

Just winding down from the day, got the wood stove stoked up, logged in to SR like usual and then realized it's been 100 days!

Made it to 90 days in 2014 but got to feeling strong (also drifted away from SR) and, against all advice, thought i could just moderate my drinking. Joined a long list of others who thought themselves unique and failed that experiment miserably. For those that might be feeling the same and possibly considering trying it - please don't.

1 of the biggest tools to staying sober I've been using is whenever the occasion arises where I get the idea a drink sounds good, I stop and play the tape forward and all the way through. I ask myself, "what's the most likely outcome if i were to down that 1st drink?" Snaps me right out of it. And a good way to keep myself from getting too comfortable in sobriety by maybe forgetting some of the bad results and experiences of drinking in the past.

Would like to thank everyone here who share their stories, experiences and helpful advice. Has helped me tremendously and I know it has for so many others too. Glad to have found SR and to be a part of it.