View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 06:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Rimmy

Sadie,

Like you, I am having profound difficulty giving in to the fact that I am an alcoholic... which is bizarre because when I used to party with friends and be drinking rediculus amounts, I remember saying to myself, "Damn, man, your a friggin alcoholic"... now, I don't want to admit it... peculur stuff.

Regarding what you said about how after that second drink, you might feel a little tired.. I think this is where "normal" drinkers go, "whoo, that went right to my head. Time to stop 'cause I gotta drive home". On the other hand, I would go, "wow.. feeling a bit tired... if I slam down two quick, I'll catch a buzz again" because I don't feel two drinks, I feel four.

I guess my answer to the thread topic at least for me is more along the lines of, "I know what it's like, and this is a tease." I guess I'd use the word CONDITIONING? My mind and body, because of my own abuse to it, have been conditioned to handle more than 2 beers, so once drinking even a bit, the moderation point becomes mute because I am a vessel made for 10 or 15 or 20. You wouldn't send a cargo ship out of port with 1/2 the cargo holds empty....

Well, that's my irriversable logic that kicks in...

Keep writing too !!! you silly