View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
gleefan

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
Oh, my big worry about the 4 day weekend was really for naught. I cancelled the Valentines dinner with the other couples because I really just didn't want to go. My son and I had a great time at the beach. I drank water in my insulated cup (which is what I generally filled with wine) and I'm pretty sure everybody just assumed I was drinking with them. It was never discussed and we all just chatted and watched the kids play.
I'm glad that you had a nice extended weekend. One of the most meaningful parts of my journey has been getting over the fear of missing out with my friends, and doing things that I authentically enjoy.

My crowd was used to me throwing em back but I found that when I didn't drink, no one ever questioned why. In fact people didn't notice, or at least say anything to me. Who knows, maybe for them, it was about hanging out with me - whereas in my mind drinking was the priority.

I wish I could say my weekend was filled with beaches and sunshine. Mine was filled with sub zero temps, frozen pipes, and assorted broken household items.

It's frustrating dealing with one unexpected expense after another, and losing all the time to take care of everything. I faced it. I managed to stay in the moment most of the time stay in the solution, rather than blame or self pity. Staying positive!

This week is a short one, but the short ones are somehow the busiest!! Have a great week, Undies!!