View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dad23

Hey. I'm right at 12 weeks today. I had a fairly severe bout of PAWS for about 4 days last month.

Initially I had no clue what was going on - I had never even heard of PAWS! When I started researching it - it was a terrible shock to realize that this was caused by the severe damage I had done to my body and my brain. I was devastated!

But once the initial jolt was over, I came to see the silver lining in the cloud...

1) That this was my body's way of getting better. That I was getting healthier and stronger.

2)That I was never going to do that damage to myself ever again by drinking. If there was the slimmest chance of me ever drinking again, that chance was completely obliterated by suffering PAWS.

As far as the weight and eating situation, I found that I was craving a lot of high calorie foods like sugars, carbs, fats, etc. I'm guessing that's a lot to do with the elimination of alcohol from my diet (booze is high calories, empty calories) PLUS the fact that my brain was trying to get a new "reward" from sugars.

The best thing that has happened to me very recently was starting to get out and walk. I'm now walking at a high pace for 60-90 minutes a day. It has done wonders for my energy, focus, state of mind, and I'm even losing a pound or two!

Hope this gives you some ideas. Stay strong!