View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Betterlife1

Day 50 –Dinner and dancing in NYC

Day 50 today and went to a 50th bday party last night in NYC. Started with dinner, than a bunch of us went to a club. Here are some things that made it a great night and would not had been the case if I’d been drinking:

• Didn’t need to do a primer before dinner to get that pre-buzz.
• Didn’t have to worry about driving into the city buzzed after said primer
• Didn’t have to urgently pee on the way to dinner
• Didn’t have to worry about being anxious for waiter to come by so I can immediately order my first drink
• I didn’t say anything stupid and remembered everything and all conversations.
• At the club, I got to experience the pure joy of good music and friends without the artificial and very temporary “joy” of drinking!
• Walked to the parking garage around midnight without any concern about if I was sober enough to drive or the risks of driving buzzed/drunk. (BTW, on the drive home I saw a car swerve right in front of a cop and he got pulled right over.)
• The reduced costs of non-alcoholic drinks!!
• Woke up this morning a little tired, but felt great and was able to have a productive day!!

Overall and most importantly, I just felt good and healthy the entire night! I was able to really enjoy myself without touching a drink. Don’t get me wrong, there was some mild envy of the drinkers. But I felt good and strong and confident that I wasn’t drinking, and the night was fun!!