View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
ChrisBen

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
I have decided I hate Valentine's Day. I've been feeling sad the last couple of days and I just put my finger on why. It's the endless stream of commercials for jewelry, flowers, and other gifts. The media is inside my head, showing me all these people in love and being romantic and happy. I know it's a made-up "holiday," and I've never been really into it, but it's the constant parade of commercials reminding me I'm alone. I need to turn the TV off. I have gone almost all my life having a boyfriend or husband. This is the longest I think I've ever gone without that. I know it's good for me and all that, but the mind-set that I need a man to convince me I'm pretty, desirable, and worthwhile is hard to change. It's just so much a part of who I am. My self-esteem came largely from men. Blah. I'm working hard on changing that. But I'm still sad sometimes and feel lonely and empty. It's challenging.
Hang in there MLD. Watch something like Thema and Louise, commercial free if possible. I'm terrible regarding network TV. Can't stand any commercial. My coworkers talk about shows and I don't have a clue. If its not on Netflix or Amazon I tend not to bother. Hope you feel better soon.