Thread: New to this
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 07:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
maia1234

I just divorce my axh after 34 years together, high school sweet hearts. He started smoking dope at 13 years old, and still does at 51. I couldn't even imagine the money we have spent on it. I recently found a note back from 1982 that I had written him. He had lied to me about his drinking and smoking dope. In the note I was calling him out and he is saying that when he would grow up and have kids he wouldn't need to smoke dope, ans that he is young and wants to party.

I married this man and lived 20 years of hxll with him. I agree with you all. Nip it in the bud NOW..... Please don't treat it like it is a high school right of passage. The early they start partying their brain doesn't fully develop and they never grow up. My X acts like a 13 year old today, as his brain never matured.

I am proof that you think what you do at 16 that you will grow out of it, but some people dont. I finally divorced him, as he was not going to die on my watch from all his addictions.

Hugs my friend, I think you son is worth the fight to save his future. Disregard the "nay" sayers that say pot is ok, I lived it and totally disagree!!