Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
TexasWoman123

Originally Posted by Nowsthetime View Post
Hi TW:

Glad to have you here. Relapse doesn't have to be part of your journey, for the most part it is our AV... Do you have a plan yet?

Read a lot and participate, that has really helped me. Don't forget that there's always someone here so you can rely on us anytime.
Thank you for the wonderful welcome! I went to an IOP for the first two months. Very helpful. I have anxiety and depression too and have a therapist and psychiatrist. I am in AA and working with a sponsor. I read AA literature/Big Book/daily reflections. I have a lot of friends and family for support. I work full time and have a 11 year old son who keeps me busy too. I have two dogs.

I've also been to alanon many times, as I have been in relationships with both addicts and alcoholics. I am focusing on my sobriety now though.

I read SR a large amount and love the support.

The number one thing that is different now (so far) was admitting I have a problem with alcohol. I am powerless over it and my life was unmanageable. I can't moderate or control my drinking. I can't have one drink. I wasn't ready to stop drinking and do all the work and changing until now. So glad I am ready now. One day at a time!

78 days sober today!