View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 12:08 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

VC,
You bet! GaGa with Tony Bennet doing duets is just classic. She is amazing. I am also a big fan of Bruno Mars, Beyonce, and Coldplay. Very strange though seeing them trying to blend together. I give that an A-.

EN,
I am a baby boomer and was a teen in the 60s in the New York City metropolitan area. Lots of Elephant bells, love beads, and music in the East Village. The circle in the square as well as the clubs and coffee houses. I marched against the war then enlisted to avoid the draft and grew up in the military. It was that kind of time. I was liberated from my estrogen waterboarding organic chamber in 1952. I must have gotten Stockholm syndrome because I spent the rest of my adult life trying to go back. If you were a teen in the 60s on either coast, we must be twin sons of different mothers. FBL is the music man and Rusty the band drummer, Instant and Dee are the guitarists here, along with me and several others.

Congrats Soberseedling,
Welcome to the sober old growth timber stand! Now you must learn the secret greeting dance, sombrero mandatory:
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/tresamigos.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Sassy,
I'm OK, thanks for asking. I've felt more lighthearted, but a heavy heart is not an overload sober.

Grace!
After all that I guess you are glad to be back posting about the ills and ill in past tense. Good to read ya dearie.

FBL,
I think we are all getting to the age when we notice all those that we took for granted in our lives through relationships or art. I'd have loved to see him and them live but hey, images, recordings, film and videos are forever. Hicks is one I missed. Must have been more local Bay area than nationally well known. Bit then I like a lot of recordings like the Black Poets, or The Velvet Underground that many away from the NY music scene barely were aware of until much later when their members made it big.
The weather here has been dry for a week, and highs are 55-60° F!

IP,
Sheesh you sound like the old Timex commercial where it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. It's about time.

Mags,
Pancake day? Controlling? Yeah it is hard trying to get others to toe the line of our expectations and boundary lines, when we don't show them where we set the lines. Be easy on yourself. You are likely just down from the beating you gave/are giving yourself. Go back to the "Cognitive Dissonance" model.

Drake,
Us too. We watched the parades on TV.

Grace,
I hope the dental work went well.

Wolf,
I heard about the storm in our news here. Hope all made it through OK.

I had my new set of choppers fitted today and they are terrible! And my last haircut last week was a disaster, and I'm not picky on those. I hate conflict despite managing it well. Some people just need a swift kick to their adz.

Gotta go. Have a computer consult and a buyer appointment to take some of the excess we have to become theirs.