Old 02-09-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
forabetterlife

Cam- great job coming here and posting in the midst of a craving and then making it through to the other side. You will be so grateful when you wake up tomorrow!

Ladybug, Glad your little girl had a nice birthday and that you were sober for it. Tonight my daughters (18 and 14) and I were talking about some old fun memories over the years and it just hit me how fast time goes and how I wish I slowed down and paid attention more back then. I guess I thought I was and I was doing the best I could but they are such precious times, once you get past the hecticness of it all. Enjoy your little ones

Chinaski, jan 29th was a year since my father passed away, I know how hard it is. He and I were so close, I feel like my life will never feel right without him, there is such an emptiness. But I often think also how proud he would be to see me working so hard at sobriety, even though I have a long way to go.

Today I had a huge desire for wine. At work I thought how nice it would be to go home to a glass of wine. I knew I was going to my moms for dinner so it wasn't going to happen, but I told myself maybe tomorrow. For 18 days I had very few cravings and now after a slip they are back full force. I really need to have my guard up tomorrow. I can tell already. My plan is to exercise after work and have dinner cook in the crockpot all day so I can eat right after rather than having to cook. Hunger is my biggest trigger.

This is really a strong class, I'm grateful for each of you...