View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Feliz noches, gang.

Quite frio down here today - think the high was 62f/17c! What a crock. I thought this was Guatemala, not Alaska. I didn't move all the way down here to wear sweaters and (*gasp*) jeans. Apparently all those fronts that have been passing through the East Coast are affecting the climate down here....so they say. Reckon next week should be back to normal.

My mom's coming down next week, in fact. Her 2nd visit. She'll be hanging out at La Casa del Bigsombrero for a week or so, we're also going up to Lake Atitlan for a few days. Should be fun. I used to dread family visits, as it meant a change in my drinking habits. These days I still get a little perturbed, as I subscribe to the "houseguests are like fish, they begin to smell after 3 days" school of thought. But, it's my mom. She's flying all the way down here - whattya gonna do? I do enjoy showing visitors new things that I've discovered and sharing some inside knowledge.

Went to look at a new casa today. Thinking about moving to new digs and there was a cool rental open nearby. Country-style livin', big house but alas there wasn't much of that "flavor" I like. Weird little neighborhood, small kitchen, strange backyard. But really cool place otherwise, 3brs, 2 bath, etc. Affordable rental, 1 year minimum.

Anyway, it was nice to check it out but I think I have a few other fish to fry the next 1.5 months. I've got my mom the next week and a half, and then I'll be on the keys off Belize for 2 weeks. And of course working the whole time! This weekend: relaxing V-day trip up to Lake Atitlan with the ladyfriend. Rented a fine little cabin with a nice view. Lots of trekking around here at the start of 2016 for this sober dude.

Thanks for reading the ramblin', needed to unload/write down all that stuff. I start to struggle if I don't get all my ducks in a row!