View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  
InParticular

Tuesday! My my. I have to go to the employment office today, first time in my life I've done that. But everyone keeps telling me to do it so I suppose I will. I just usually avoid dealing with the government however I can.
You guys its 9C today!!!! That's 48F. Unbelievable warm. I'll take it, but yeesh. Everything's going to be messed up in the spring when the runoff is all wrong. It's scary to think about how that will affect things, wildlife, crops etc.
Grace in answer to your question, no I have not decided what to do yet. I'm applying to jobs that seem suitable, seeing what comes back, and trying not to panic. Btw I didn't know about Pancake Day. But how funny that I haven't made them in a year and when I do it's on Pancake Day. Or...the day before?
I wrote this long essay last night, about sense of place and how much this place has started to feel like home to me, and how I think it's actually changing me as a person living here. Living "rustic" on one's own I think is some kind of lesson in solitude and independence. I feel so much more able to be on my own now than I ever have. I've never lived quite so on my own before, and had to take care of a whole house on my own. I'm realizing the joys of keeping house. How weird does that sound, I know, but idk I feel like it's a rite of passage or something! Too bad I have no one to share it with, but oh well! Everything is up in the air. I've applied for eight jobs, it was a holiday weekend so I'm hoping that I'll hear back from one or two today. And yes I have the interview later. We shall see.
I'm sorry about your ex, Valentine, and that you miss your dogs. But yes less drama is a good thing.