View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 10:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
amy55

Sometime normal things, don't seem normal to us, or should I say me. Yesterday was really like the "Twilight Zone" for me.

I'm not use to "nice", or "normal".

My next cigarette break was with a different crew. At first I thought they were complaining about their wives. I stepped back. Didn't want to hear that. (That's how much I want to avoid confrontation. Would you believe they weren't complaining about their wives. They were talking about what they got their wives for X mas, and that they enjoyed doing that because they just wanted their wives to be happy.

So, me, cynical me, I don't understand this conversation. I'm scratching my head. Totally alien stuff that I am hearing.

I asked the first guy what he got his wife for xmas? He told me an automatic thing to pre heat the car, so he doesn't have to do that, so he could spend more time with helping her getting the kids ready for day car.

Next guy said, I got her a charm, from the first place we went on a date and bought a chain for it.

Well.............................. I don't want to hear anymore of this stuff. I wanted to go off somewhere to cry. This never happened to me.

I go to a sports bar, I go outside to have a cigarette, and I meet decent people.

What's wrong with this world?

I got married, this person said they loved me, and they are the one that hurt me the most.

I go out in the world, and things seem normal, or what I think is normal, because I don't know normal anymore, anyway.