View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
amy55

O/T Funny thing that happened to me

OK, so I went to my friends house to go out at night for the Super Bowl. A friend of mine came in from NJ. ( I now live in Pa). So we were leaving to go out, and he grabbed my coat, and he held it open. I didn't know what he was doing !!!!!!! I went to take the coat from him, but he wouldn't give it to me, and then "stupid me" realized, he was helping me put my coat on. I have seen this happen in movies, but never to me. (lol) When I realized this, I let him help me. It really felt nice to be treated like a lady.

He repeated this again, when we were leaving after the game, and then again today, going out for breakfast, and coming back from breakfast, and then when we both left our friends house to go home.

When we were leaving my friends house, I just said to him, I wanted to feel that one more time, and I thanked him for the lovely visit, and that I'll see him again on cinco de mayo in NJ.

Do people still have manners like this, or is it because he is older (about 72) and this is the way that he was brought up and that's why he does that? I really don't care, I was just very impressed and really really liked it. I actually felt "special". He also wouldn't let me pay for my breakfast.

I felt like I was in the "Twilight Zone".

amy

amy