Old 02-08-2016, 01:42 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Lenina

Cow, when I first got sober, I had to go back to work right away. It was crazy and I was worried, I was lucky I had a plan and a way to structure my time. I believe that saved me. I know I've harped on about it but taking it slow in the morning, getting ready for work made a difference.

My days were busy, long and stressful. But I had a plan for after work. My sponsor had me writing and reading assignments. Plus, I had to call her every night no matter what. And looking back, I think having those nightly de-briefs of my day and how I felt really helped. Having someone who knew me and knew my disease as well helped. I was able to vent in a safe place and she gave me boundaries for acting out.

I was physically not in the best shape. I had colitis, I wasn't tolerating many foods, I felt shaky and scattered. But for me, having a daily plan and that nightly debrief made a huge difference. It helped me make good, healthy habits.

And I think being back at work helped me feel more normal and built my sober confidence.

You're smart to work on resetting your sleep schedule.

Love from Lenina