View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Loveblue

Emotional, confused, need your opinion

I am so confused, about myself, my feelings, my outlook. Long story, I know we all have them. My AH is definitely a binge drinker. Our marriage almost completely fell apart about two years ago. We made a choice to work it out. Our issues, I should say, my issue is his drinking. He is not nasty, not ever abusive, he's a mushy, fun drunk, but drunk nonetheless. He has made a huge effort in curbing the drinking, but it is sneaking back again. Drinking more frequently and when he drinks, he doesnt stop. He will drink to the point of gettibg completely annihilated. We have a teen age child, who no doubt feels my anger and stress. She knows when he is drunk, yet she sticks up for him and looks at me as the bitch angry one. Alcoholism runs in both ou families. A few days ago, my daughter and I came home from our errands to find him unable to speak. His slurring was off the charts , he ate then passed out on the couch. The next day he texted me several times to apologize. He also stated he didn't know why he got so wasted. It's not every day, but once is enough. Any family functions, I am always the driver. He is usually drunk. Peeing in the car on the way home. This got so out of hand in the past that I had one foot out of the door . I guess he realized how serious I was. Fast forward to now, we are on our way to being in the same spot. He knows I am angry. I have ignored him. Now, he is ignoring me. This is stupid. What am I doing???