Old 02-07-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Lyoness
Night owl

Thank you so much Twofish for all your wisdom and words. They go straight to my heart and bring such healing and kindness. And your timing is synchronous because earlier I was thinking it is time for me to start letting the love in, to listen to the love instead of what I always do instead.

I have always had trouble letting love and kindness in, never able to trust it or believe I deserve it. "Hate" I could "trust" because I knew it and I have been filled with self-loathing for so long. It's familiar territory. Being open to love is being open to vulnerability and pain. But again, as I'm thinking about change, I realize I won't be able to change or grow if I stay locked in fear.

I realize this may be a strange response, but like I said you wrote this as I was contemplating these very ideas. So thank you for the big dose of love and kindness. You've given me the greatest of gifts.

Edited to add--Thank you, too, for adding some fuel to make my tiny flicker of hope a little bit brighter. =<^o^>=