Thread: I left my AH
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SadInTX

I left my AH

It has been three days since I left my AH. Some of you may remember my story..but it is similar to others on this board.
I had hoped my story would have a happier ending for the marriage, but that didn't happen. I had tried to leave him last summer but I went back to him one more time...hoping it would be different. Hoping he would do what he said...cut back/stop drinking...he would be good for a few days and then get drunk again. He was also verbally/emotionally/physically abusive. I can finally admit all of that.
My leaving was not planned that night but I was prepared. And I want to t hank the people on this board for telling their story of how they left.
I did not plan to leave that night, but rather I was prepared it I ever needed to...and that is what helped me the most. My kids were with me that night...he was drunk by the time I got home from work...started lecturing me again about how he didn't want me to give him any stress or crap for drinking...blah blah...he started to scare me...so I took clothes, bedding, back packs and went to my friends house. I signed a lease for an apartment...I even took my kids with me to show them where they are going to live...and they are excited. I get the keys on Saturday. I just now need to pack and hire movers.
I finally just had to say enough. He called and texted me dozens of times that night, but nothing since. I have been upset about that...I do love him but I think I love the man he used to be when we first met. He is a broken individual and I cannot fix that.
Thank you again for all your support. I am looking forward to a peaceful home for me and my boys.