Thread: My story
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 01:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Grambo911

Well, big surprises come in BIG packages. An old friend who has been battling overeating came by with a hamburger and fries for me. He had surgery on his stomach and lost 150 lbs. he is still at 250. He's a non drinker so we sat and traded stories, went to Tim Horton's for a coffee and called it a night. It was 11:30 and I just opened my first beer, it's 2:00 and I'm nearing the end of #2, this is pretty epic for me.
That burger brought back my appetite for the first time in a week, and he kept me somewhat distracted by conversation. I mean I did notice the time but I wanted to see how long I could go, and we got to laugh about some old things and new, so time went fast. I also got a text from my son asking if he and his girlfriend could shower at my place so I said sure. This all helped my mood as last night I couldn't sleep well. I kept catching myself clenching my teeth, holding my breath and tensing up without realizing I was doing it. This morning I kept waking up covered in sweat as well but the cramps in my hands were gone from the vitamin C and Magnesium tablets thank god. Tonight I hope a full stomach can give me full rest. I might not be ready to fly quite yet but I made some big leaps to get here.