View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 10:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
I experienced this with a BF who wasn't an addict. Everything he did annoyed me. I became snappy, nasty and hard to live with. This is when I knew I had to leave because I didn't like myself, much less him.
Leaving was a huge relief. He wanted to get back together but I didn't want to be that person again.
Same here... Had nothing to do with addiction... He wasn't very nice sober ... He basically hated himself and that was bad enough but I didn't like it when he started hating me and hated others ...I called him out on things and he just ended up resenting me for it ... And I think resentment can turn into hatred ... ( I have to examine my own self) I've come to find out the hard way ... People who are * miserable * with self loathing are well, hard to describe sometimes...I felt like had to boost his self esteem but I was also guilty of needing to boost my own ... Live and learn... He had a girlfriend on the side I knew nothing about till she practically accosted me one day at school ... I was shocked!!