Thread: Newb.
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
szam

Originally Posted by jryan19982 View Post
That's a shame your father died from alcohol. Was it cirrhosis, was he young? I was at the barber today and she was mentioning how alcohol was a huge problem on the res (native American reservation). Her sons friend is dying of cirrhosis at age 24 and is still drinking vodka every day. Her daughters friend also has end stage cirrhosis. A leader in their community had recently died of cirrhosis. Says its a big problem because they spend their government checks on booz, dont work and just sit around and drink all day. You don't have to end up like that.
He actually died from an accident caused by alcohol. He had epilepsy also, but had a habit of having falls (he had bad mobility due to spinal arthritis) when he was drunk. He fell, a got an undiagnosed bleed on the brain, fell again a few days later and hit his head in the same spot and died there and then. Was found the following day.

I've had incidences of hurting myself when drunk (falling down stairs amongst other things), I can just see myself going in a similar way if I continue