Thread: my 17yo son
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
cat5

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
cat.....I know that I have written to you about this before.....but, here goes again...lol.....

Have you aborted the idea of residential treatment/living? Especially, since he is still 17yrs. of age....you still have legal leverage.....
This seems too big and critical for you to "handle" alone....especially, without the support of your husband....
Strangers (who are trained) are much better at dealing than parental figures, at this age.....

You need a suppo rt group sooo badly.....face to face people that you can talk to ......

(also..don't forget that he has opiates on board....that affects a persons judgement as much as a belly full of liquor....)

dandylion
Thanks dandylion.

Last Friday I got the Dr to refer AS to a rehab centre. I am still to make a call for an appt since the drama that unfolded that afternoon.

I cleaned out his room Thursday. I found numerous bits of foil, lighters, tobacco & filters, spray cans, energy drinks, beer cans and wine bladders. I also found one of our kitchen knives and some spoons - the spoons don't look like they have been cooked up but who really knows... it sounds even worse now that I am rereading it.

Anaya & GardenMama - my husband is not good with confrontation. He rarely gets angry. He is truly a big softie and I think would like to bury his head in the sand - hence when I asked him to be the one to take AS to the police station he said he 'no'. He has taken AS to the emergency ward to get stitched up once before ( accident while stoned) and has taken him to the Dr to get the referral and attend the psychologist appts. AS also called his father when one of his friends OD. The others all fled but AS stayed with the friend and got help. AS was so shook up by the event that we thought that would be the end of his 'drug phase'.

I am not good with support groups. I am not good with sharing (apart from behind a computer screen). I am seriously thinking about asking our Dr for a referral to a psychologist for myself. The Dr is aware of the stresses our family is under so it won't be like I am breaking new ground on this one.

Thanks again for talking to me. I am beyond grateful.