View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 06:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Winter245

Thanks for the reply. Your reply hit right on the money. My parents said pretty much the same thing. They don't want to be codependent any longer on AW s actions either and support me getting out. Zoso you wrote this in another post that connected with me

"What we try to do here for members -- new ones and established ones -- is help them make the best decisions they can for themselves. And part of that process is coming to terms with what's best for us isn't necessarily what we want. It is painful to remove someone from our lives who we love. But compare that to the pain of allowing them to be in our lives while they betray us time and time again."

That is a great help to me now. In the next days I am going to work up a talk about how to break my decision to my wife. Focusing on how to talk about my void of happiness and helplessness and loss of direction and a career over this addiction and manic behavior. It s weird to feel that it will be easier to talk to her about my problems when I have a way out - the divorce papers. I want to have sane conversation for the sake of my kids so that we can parent together I make our kids know we both love them no matter what. My kids know something is wrong as they have asked me a couple of times in the last month if we are divorcing.

Any thoughts on how to break divorce news to an addict would be nice hear. I hope I can do this with compassion. It's a hard decision when the image of my wife does not link with th reality of where she is.