View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Winter...

Welcome to the Board. Since there are kids involved in your situation, I'm going to forego my usual greeting and cut to the chase.

Is divorce inevitable? Not necessarily. Should you be pursuing it? In my opinion, absolutely.

When you two got married, I'm quite certain this wasn't what you signed up for. And yet, 15 years gone and 8 in full time addiction, you find yourself in an unenviable position where not only has she been an absent spouse by staying out all hours of the night, she's verbally abusive to boot. You're under no obligation to put up with any of that crap.

If you hang around here for a while, Winter, you'll read some tales that are familiar to you. Those members may be on different points of the curve than you, but there's something to be learned from their experiences. So keep your mind and eyes open.

Normally, I'm not as direct with newcomers as I am being with you...but when you factor children into the mix, it's a more urgent situation. Do what is necessary to protect them and yourself.

Other members will be by. Pay attention to what they tell you. And again, Welcome to the Board.