View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Winter245

A rough year - is divorce inevitable?

Hello all. Long time reader of the site. Some really inspirational stories and advice. I've married to a marijuana addict for now 15 years with 8 years of full time addiction. Last year I came close to divorcing but realized an international move had to happen first because I was not a citizen of my previous home country. Now back in the USA. AW is happy in our new life with no job and constant smoking and going out till 430 am or 2 am three to four times a week. Some binge drinking but she did not drive though I had to help her find her lost car. There have been so many ups and downs. I am abused often by harsh language, "I am a failure, you washed the clothes wrong etc" we have kids who are seeing me as a doormat. I've been very sick but getting well now. My AW did not believe I was sick though I was hospitalized twice. Anyway i don't want to go on and on but I've reading a lot about codependent behavior and I see some patterns in myself and I am now a very helpless shell of a person and trying to recover my goals in life and get a positive mental outlook. I am feeling now that better option for me to cultivate this shift is without her. I am looking for strength in this transition and I d hope to hear from people who have had to deal a marijuana addicted spouse and what happened if divorce was inevitable. I think now it is. I have met with a lawyer and working on my custody case. Thank you all you all are great!