View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
BlueFairy

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
I'm at 41 weeks and still don't have the energy I wish I had and still tire easily. Guess it doesn't help working in a grocery store where I can work until 1:00am one night and open the store at 4:00am all in the same week!

The biggest gain for me is the absence of the crushing depression that afflicted me six months of the year during the cloudy winter season here. Not living through that darkness every day is a God spend! Alcohol is truly a depressant of the highest degree!

Recovery is a very slow process, especially since I drank daily for thirty plus years. Sometimes I get so impatient. I thought that when I quit drinking, I would have boundless energy and all my problems would disappear. No, the problems are still there, that's just life. However, it is far better trying to deal with them sober.
Yeah I work at a grocery store too--opening and closing didn't, help wth the exhaustion. That's a great thing about my new job--it's all days--except Valentines week! Next week will be hard-I think I just need to not underestimate. I think trying to get my exercise will be the hardest thing. I'm the lone wolf in the floral btw. I have great help but just never having done it is scary.