Thread: my 17yo son
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 12:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
cat5

Originally Posted by CodeJob View Post
Cat,

I'm sorry to report his behavior is typical of an addict. They tend to think they are special humans and that rules and consequences don't apply... Seeing it in my son would probably make me stroke out after dealing with it in my husband.
Thank you.

Well, he is true to form with your above statement.

He left with his mates in a car despite being told it was not a good idea considering his injury and secondly we have a boundary in place. He was told the consequence of leaving the house but he left anyway. So now I have the doors locked. He has no shoes on and no wallet so he fits the homeless look just fine.

He hadn't even been out of the house for 15mins and the police phoned about his accident - there will be no charges because there was no vehicle involved. I spoke to the police officer and asked her advice regarding where to go for help. She gave me the number of the police liaison youth officer so I will make contact next week.

I can't believe this is happening.

He had a Dr appt today for a check-up and more medication. He was told it was the last script for the that dosage level. He also gave him a referral for the rehab clinic.

hopeful4 - you are right. He is very immature.

Ann - I can't take away his phone. He owns it and pays for himself.