Old 02-04-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Chinaski

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
"

Chinaski - I just got done reading The Martian, and am about to start a book called The Good Girl as recommended by a friend. I had a month long hospital stay before baby number 3 and got lots of reading in, I'll have to check the list of titles. Two by the author of Gone Girl. Room was a disturbingly intriguing book too - a movie now, with some noms!
I thought The Martian was pretty entertaining and also liked all of the Gillian Flynn books. Actually I think Gone Girl was my least favorite of the three but I still liked it too. I just really liked the other two more. I still haven't seen the movie version of it, need to do so soon.

Like I said, I read a whole lot. I've got some OCD issues and have kept a spreadsheet of all the books I've read since late 2009. Just checked it and it's at 1,014 books or 331,800 pages. Though a lot of that number is skewed because I didn't work for most of 2009/2010 and all I did was read.

I'm going to the beach for a week next month and pretty much all I'll do then is sit in the sun and read while the rest of the family does more traditional beach activities. Not drinking though, that's not this part of the family's style. Can't wait for that vacation.

It's been a nice day off. I haven't done much of anything too productive but that's ok. I've read some, watched a little television, napped. I cooked a pretty tasty sausage and onion and pepper sandwich for dinner. Well, actually, it wasn't a sandwich as I ended up using tortillas instead of bread, so a sausage and onion and pepper taco or wrap, I guess.

I have to be at a work meeting early tomorrow morning so starting to wind down now. Going to put on an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 and laugh for a bit before bed.

Hope everyone is having a nice, sober night!