View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TrulyMe

30 days....my story

Hi All,

I shared my story 30 days ago. My name is Mike. I am a husband and father in my late 30s. I have been drinking excessively since 15. The past two years it took on a whole new level and I rarely was so we for more than a day. I was consuming a large amount of vodka daily along with tequila, fireball and occasional absinth. It was out of hand.

Over the last 6 months of last year I started buying two airplane bottles of fireball everytime I want to the liquor store as a "ride home treat." I knew that was wrong and I was taking things to a dangerous place.

One night 31 days ago I made a huge mistake and was incredibly lucky not to get my second dui. It was a wake up call that I probably didn't deserve without consequences but thus far I've made the most of it.

I've done so many things I'm ashamed of and I have a lot of work to do to become the person I'd like to be. For now, I'm a far better father and husband than I have ever been before. I attend CBT counseling weekly and read SR every night. I want to thank everyone who posts here as your wisdom and stories give me strength.

I don't know where I'm going but I know I don't want to go back to the way things were. 30 days is the second longest I've ever gone without drinking and it has taught me that sobriety, when wanted, is so much better and so so much easier to manage day to day than alcoholism ever could be.

I wish you all nothing but the best and again, THANK YOU!

Mike