View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Originally Posted by PurpleWilder View Post
Just got an email from the guy and he said I had declined his ***** Calendar request for an interview and did I still want to meet?

WTF - I accepted that with my job coach sitting RIGHT NEXT TO ME at a jobs appointment. So I emailed him back as soon as I got the message and told him that I still wanted the appointment. But I only have internet access at the library and I didn't get the message until 23 hours after he sent it.

Now I look like a total tech moron and lazy to boot. It's like the universe can't even throw me one feckin' break.
LOL, let me tell you how things went for me with my application for the job I now have.

When the job announcement landed in my inbox, I read it, said it was PERFECT, and I had just updated my resume, had a writing sample all ready to go, and a video of my recent argument before our State Supreme Court. I packaged it all up, wrote a dynamic cover letter, and hit "send," only to realize 30 seconds later I had mistyped the job title in my subject line (I applied for an "Attorney Advison" position, instead of "Attorney Advisor").

Crap. So I heard nothing for over three months and figured they hired someone else, forgot all about it. And when their administrative assistant called to invite me to interview, I thought she was a phone solicitor (somehow when you retire you get calls ALL DAY LONG), and I brusquely demanded her to repeat, "You're WHO? From WHERE?" Once I realized who she was I of course apologized.

I had a phone interview that went very well, and then got an email from the admin assistant "inviting" me to an interview with the full staff. So I make my travel arrangements and noticed a day or two before the interview, that there were two different addresses for this organization--one on her email and another on their website. So I called to find out which was the correct address.

Only to be informed that this was another PHONE interview. I re-read the email she sent and there was NO HINT that this was anything other than an in-person interview. So I skated that potential disaster, because even if it totally wasn't my fault, I would have been so upset at showing up unexpectedly that I would have blown the interview when I did have it.

So fear not--if the Universe wants you to have this job you will get it. If the guy weren't interested, he wouldn't have contacted you. Tech happens--to all of us.

I had ALL those things go wrong during the process and I got the job anyway.