View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Ok so, today I was showing bf all the things, or some of the things, I have to handle at work and on the computer and phone and other things and for one the system we use is really, really headache inducing. It feels like to do one simple thing you have to remember 12 steps but there are other ways to do the same task but all slightly different and different details you can or can't do to them. I mean it's like going through a maze and there are pitfalls, trap doors and constant interruptions and you have to memorize your steps backwards.

After maybe 10 minutes of me giving him a little demo and walk thru of my typical day he was begging me to stop. And he's a programmer! He wanted to punch the computer. He says it's maybe the worst interface he's ever seen and it makes zero sense to him and I was like "Yep that's what I deal with, but you can include an equally complicated email system (make that 2), a doorbell that always needs answering, phone calls, voicemails, and answering to people in person... oh, and screaming children and occasionally assisting other staff. He hated it! LOL so I know it's not just me here, I mean this computer system we use alone will kinda make you wish you were never born.

But it was a real relief to learn even my programmer smarty pants BF hates the system we use. And I know he's not just being nice because he's the king of "Oh, that's easy for me"...

see sometimes the problem aint you!!

heck im a programmer and i wanna throw the dang things out the window too. and believe me when I sobered up i cant tell you how many times i've wondered what on earth was i thinking getting into this field. Its like i was just asking for it!!