View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 03:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PurpleWilder

Need Your Positive Vibes

Hello all!

I know I haven't posted here in a while (more on that in another thread, I think) but right now I could really use your positive vibes.

I have been working overnights in retail for almost a decade and now am trying to break out of that into a more professional career. I have a bachelor's degree so yeah - I could be doing a hell of a lot more than pushing freight all frickin' night.

I applied to a great place and did well on the phone interview and they have invited me in for a face to face with 2 of the managers to see if I would be a good fit.

I. WANT.THIS.JOB.

I originally took the job I had now because the drama of dealing with the narcissistic XAH and the demands of single motherhood just left me too drained and scared and feeling low to work a job that demanded more than the barest of involvement. But 2 years ago I told the XAH to F$@K off and joined Codependents Anonymous. A lot of positive changes have taken place since then, but this one would be a major step forward in my recovery. Even if I don't make a lot more money doing this, I would feel so much better about myself knowing that wanting to change is enough - I don't have to wait until the world is crashing down around my ears to make a decision. I can change something just because I want to - that is reason enough.

Say those prayers for me, if you would!

Thanks so much in advance.