View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
nova84

Originally Posted by Mia83 View Post
Sounds so nice! I am getting married in six months and now I have decided to quit I'm reassessing all kinds of things- don't think I could cope with a sober hen weekend, not sure I could cope with a sober wedding but I'm trying not to think that far ahead yet. One day at a time is all I'm capable of. Glad you are having fun sober times, most meals I end up eating very little and like you use it as an excuse to drink. Hopefully I have these fun times ahead where I will remember things!
I went through the same thought processes at the start of my recovery when thinking about my wedding and I decided to also take it one day at a time, but little by little my mind has adjusted to thinking about the wedding with me being sober. When you're ready to think about it you will and it won't be so scary or daunting. I too also need to reconsider my hen do as everyone will be expecting it to be a boozey affair and it will come as a shock when I actually plan a non-alcohol related hen do!!!! Watch this space 😂