View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Pressmetilihurt View Post
I was more of a binge drinker. I drank every day almost but sometimes only a couple beers. Other times I'd get so drunk I'd puke or I'd drive drunk. Strangely my body doesn't tolerate alcohol very well. I get MASSIVE hang overs. I'm in bed sick the whole next day. I'll get physically sick after only 5 or 6 pints. And I do all kinds of weird obsessive things like buy kombucha and pour out half and pour wine in so my spouse and others don't know I'm drinking. That's freaking weird. Drinking causes probs for me. It closes my life. Breaks my spiritual connection. I'm an alcoholic.
Pmtih, If you decide someday to learn some more about AVRT, and to actually take the Big Plan pledge: "I will never drink again", you will be able to look back upon your post here as a way your Beast managed to get you to keep it on a fairly robust form of life support.

In your post the Addictive Voice is breathing life into your Beast through the use of verb tense switching.

You appropriately start out in the past tense talking about how you used to drink. See the parts of your post I highlighted in red.
Then along comes the perception you have of the condition of your body at the present time.
Your AV wants you to think this way. It wants you to accept that you don't drink at this point in time because you have a bodily condition, and as time passes, IT would love for you to reflect upon that bodily condition and experiment upon whether or not your body still "doesn't tolerate alcohol very well."
Well, that future time to reflect is suddenly thrust into the present with all the verb tenses about your behavior that sound like it's going on at the present time. See the parts of your post I highlighted in green. This is what the AV loves. Yes, this is no longer what YOU DID, it is what YOU DO. Ahhh, yessss, oxygen for the Beast.

People who have made the unconditional pledge, or Big Plan, "I will never drink/drug again." fairly quickly find it very weird to hear such self talk in the present tense. It just makes no sense except understanding it as the AV trying to reclaim the pronoun "I" for itself.

GT