Old 02-02-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
(((Brynn))) I hate nothing more than crying at work. I've done it several times in my life. I always feel like such a ninny. <snip> When I cry at work it's almost always out of sheer frustration and anger - because I don't lash out at others. And you did not cave in to the AV, so in the end, the day is a win for you. And now cake!! You can go to bed feeling good about yourself.
^^This - when it comes to crying, I cry out of frustration and anger at work too. Doesn't happen often, but it happens. In hindsight I think it would be better to learn to tell those people to back off, but I always get tharn when it happens. (do we use "tharn" here? Can't remember. Urban Dictionary: tharn)

With food - I have to not have that stuff in my food choices. I've been logging food again for a month now and I'm just now getting comfortable at the lower number - my body fights me for a couple weeks and I have to really fight through the myriad desires. It's just like alcohol. Mmm mojito. Mmm cheeseburger. If I eat a cheeseburger, that's 600 calories if I make it at home - 800 with a potato. A pizza is 1200. That pumpkin pie put me back 1500 - which is a whole week's worth of deficit. I can't eat a reasonable amount of ice cream if I have it at home. Is it worth it to me? It is in the early days, but as time goes on and I've been on low cal for a while, I have to make better choices with lots of vegetables and fiber or I spend a good part of the day too hungry. I'm pretty comfortable now and feel like I can do this, but by Friday I'll have visions of sugarplums.

Bees. Mmmm. I spent hours yesterday online reading about bees and beekeeping. So complicated. Must find local people to hook up with.