View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Artgalv1

Suboxone and Relapse

Hello

New here. My SO has been on Suboxone for about two years and 3 months ago, money started disappearing again. He of course denied he was back to the percocet, and said he was lending money to his friends. After a while he finally admitted that he relapsed. I had been giving him money to keep his business running, which I know is enabling, so I finally told him that I would not help him anymore, to which he said he was done and going back on the subs. The problem is I don't trust him anymore, he could relapse anytime and I feel like that is always hanging over my head. Waiting for the relapse you know. I am having trouble detaching from him and still loving him. I really just want to leave and let him deal with all of this himself, but then I feel guilty because he is a good person, except that he spends all the money on drugs. How long should someone stay on suboxone without working a program or getting counseling. Should I tell him to get off of everything or else I will leave. Or just wait till he relapses again and then don't help with money and maybe he will get the help himself. It could be days, months, or years before another relapse...