View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SobrieTee

Thanks, guys! DL, to answer your question, I changed a LOT of things about my life this time around. This was actually my second time in inpatient detox - obviously the first time did not stick. I moved home for a bit. I don't think moving can necessarily solve a drinking problem, but in my case, I needed to be around family for support. I did an outpatient rehab program, which I will actually be completing this Wednesday. I joined a running club and signed up for some races. I go to meetings several times a week. I do a short meditation every day, and I journal my experience (I haven't shared the journal with anyone - it's just a way for me to express my feelings). I have two dogs, and since I had been a pretty crappy parent while drinking, I try to spend as much time as I can taking them hiking, swimming, running, etc. Also, in the first few months, I avoided any and all situations where alcohol might be involved. I had tried for years to get sober and I knew any temptation would get me.

Congrats on 16 days!! Keep it up!