View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
InParticular

That's great IMV, you made the right decision if it's what your heart and gut have been telling you to do, and it sounds like they have. Don't feel guilty for choosing your own well being. The company will get on fine without you, let them deal with that.
You are a strong and brave person, for having the guts to get out of a situation that's not right. I applaud!!!!

Me? I made up a five year plan last night, NEVER did that before, and it feels really comforting! I've just never had a plan beyond the next few months, before, as crazy as that sounds, it's true. It's gotten me this far, which is good, but there have been some LOOOOONG detours.
My five year plan means I have to leave the job I'm currently in and go back to freelancing with a focus on magazines and features, which is where my heart lies.
My goal is to edit a magazine, someone else's or my own.
It feels good just to write it down, the steps, and have it on paper. Makes it real. No more drifting and "what am I gonna do????"
Saskia, glad you're feeling better(ish). Sleep is soooo important isn't it? Even if you need some help sometimes.
I'm sure you've thought of this, but have you tried chamomile tea? I've been using it lately and it really helps! The "Chamomile Nights" Stash tea is really good, if you can get it where you are. They put spearmint and lotus in it, it's really nice tasting.
Even if it doesn't knock you out, it will make you feel sleepy and has a calming effect.
FBL-is that an SNL quote? I can't see your pic. Sounds like something Steve Martin or Martin Short would have said. Or Billy Crystal?
Have a Marvellous Monday.