View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 07:52 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Briar
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I actually don't think I've ever had a chili dog. They serve them around here, but they just never looked enticing to me. Those Costco hot dogs are great, just watch out if you go for a long stretch of rigid, clean, mostly vegetarian eating and then drop one of those puppies in your tummy. Goes off like a bomb. Learned that lesson the hard way a few years back.

Good day today. Walked with my buddy this morning, then took my daughter to her friend's birthday party this afternoon. Not much sitting down for me today. I'm still feeling a little cranky and physically uncomfortable, but I had a lot of success today with redirecting my thinking to the positive. My awareness today was such that I was able to catch a lot of negative thoughts that went through my head and mindfully let them go.

I actually think of it sort of like catching a spider in a jar and taking it outside. I notice the negative thought, catch it in an objective way that keeps it separate from me, have a look at how creepy it is, then set it free out of my head. Kind of a weird way to visualize it, perhaps, but it works for me. And since we were just talking about spiders anyway, seems appropriate.

Conquest - great work identifying a trigger and calling it out here. Accountability can make a world of difference, especially with a holiday coming up, and Super Bowl qualifies. I always find this time of year triggering.

This year let's be Team Sober Super Bowl! No matter who wins the game, we are the real winners here.