Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 11:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
UhZoomZip

Thank you everyone. I'm currently getting my plan together. I do not currently have access to a doctor as I'm between jobs (and it may endanger my new job). I do very much appreciate the consideration, I know it's the safest option usually. I am a heavy drinker, but not usually as heavy as lately, being out of work and slightly depressed. I have tapered safely in the past and I've been reading everything I can find in the past day. Past attempts at tapering worked out very well for me, it's just keeping it up that's been difficult for me That's how I came here even, since I saw lots of forums with helpful people, but this one seemed really active and friendly, and besides any last-minute advice on the taper, the main reason I'm here is for the support and encouragement and general advice on overcoming the temptation and boredom. I've stayed sober for months on end in the past few years, I need to make my plan include how to make it last even longer.

I made a big long post about my situation and immediate plans over in the Alcoholism section if you'd like to hear more.