View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 09:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Time4Change
NA Rocks!

Hey Badnews! Great to meet 'cha! I'm still pretty new here to the SR boards and I've gotta tell ya, you've made a great decision to reach out for help. These wonderful folks are amazing!

I've been off pain pills for 33 days now (thank you, Lord) and when I first made the decision to get help, everyone kept telling me to go to NA. I really didn't think it would be my thing. Plus, I had become quite reclusive because of my addiction. Well, I gave NA a shot and you know, it's one of the best choices I've ever made! I now have a HUGE network of friends and support is just a phone call away. I find myself looking sooo forward to my meetings every day, and now look for extra meetings to pick up in cities around me, just to meet new people. I feel so at home there. I come home with a great attitude and feel pumped full of strength and serenity. No matter how much I may think someone's situation is different than mine, once they share their story at a meeting, I can always ... I mean always ... find a similarity there and find some type of learning experience to leave with. It's mindblowing!

Good luck to you, friend. So glad you're here! Keep us posted.