View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 07:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
zjw

you dont have to quit forever just quit for today. one day at a time. all this stuff your feeling about it I felt too. It passes.

I swore people liked me more when i drank. and you know honestly many did lol and it changed the dynamic of my relationships and i lost others. I had to figure out how to just shrug it off. It is what it is.

I also went through a few phases where i obsessed about picking up again. I waited it out. I wanted to be sure I was going to be making the right choice to pick back up again the obsession passed as well and I never picked up I just moved on.

as for anxiety I dunno for me it comes with the sober territory. I went for walks early on to try and calm my nerves and ease the boredom. I didnt want too I thought ugg this is so stupid why do i have to do this. But i grew to enjoy it etc.. and it helped.

But some stuff like for me anyhow with anxiety its just an ongoing thing. I dunno that i'll ever be "cured" its just something I always have to work on no biggie I'm ok with that now rather then trying to find a "fix" instead.