View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 01:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nova84

An end to Self Destructive Behaviours

Driving home from work last night after a long busy week and my AV was telling me I deserve to have a drink...why are you depriving yourself. There was no danger that I would drink...alcohol is just not an option. During the night it occurred to me to question...how is drinking poison a reward...why do I DESERVE to drink poison! When I told my psychotherapist last week that I had stopped drinking (having never told her until then about my problem with alcohol!) and that I was at that point 8 days sober (now day 13) she felt that it is one more self destructive behaviour that I have decided to tackle, because through 9 months of therapy I am finally learning to love and accept myself...and she is right. I have tried to 'hurt' myself by engaging in many destructive and/or risky behaviours over the years because of my low self esteem and self worth. And actually...would I try to poison someone I love...no I wouldn't...so I don't intend to poison myself either 💜

p.s just to clarify...I wouldn't poison anyone...love them or not...I am not a secret arsenic killer!!!! 😉