Thread: Cleaning house
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PinotNOmore

Cleaning house

Hello all! 18 days sober here! The last few days were amazing! I felt great, had little to no cravings, and really felt like things were leveling out! Then today, I was cleaning house and BAM the cravings kicked in! I guess I used to drink while cleaning in the evenings, but this was midday and totally out of the blue. I even went as far as to send a message to my husband asking if he would be mad if I drank tonight. He didn't respond before I changed my mind and bought a root beer instead. Felt pretty good when I got back home and then got some pretty depressing news about an illness in a family member of mine and now the urge is back, and it's taking everything I have not to hop in the car and go get a bottle of red! I know it won't help anything and I know I will feel terrible in the morning but this is driving me crazy! I ate dinner and drank a big glass of water hoping that would curb the desire, but no luck! I keep telling myself that normal people who want a glass of wine on a Thursday night, just have a glass of wine on a Thursday night and no big deal. But would I have a glass if I bought a bottle? Probably not. And there lies the problem! Hoping this feeling flies away as soon as possible!