Old 01-27-2016, 11:23 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Nic233

Sunflower- I’ve had some un-nerving drinking dreams too. Made me feel unsettled but I am relieved when I wake up and I’m still sober! Would be awful to not be in this January group anymore!! I love it so much-- That’s a good reason for us to try and stay on track. I’m sorry to hear you’re having problems with your Hubby. Hopefully it’s just a transitional phase and things will work out – Try and stay busy and ignore that damn AV… I get it with the feeling vulnerable part.I think I must be a control freak somewhat and the idea that I have no control over my drinking addiction SUCKS! lol
Bandicoot- Isn’t it just a rollercoaster! I don’t know if I’m up or down half the time! Sometimes I’m so excited I feel like squealing because I’m sober, and in the next breath I’m heartbroken because I’m missing my best friend (booze)!! Sounds like you have some great plans in place to stay on track..keep it up-you’re going great x
Odelle- Well done on 20 days!! And huge congrats on cutting back the nicotine and caffeine too! You must be one strong cookie!!! Very inspirational.. Good luck on it all x
Zelda- Well done on day 11. One day at a time..Glad you’re sober x
Let’s dance- Welcome back to SR! Lots of us have had many attempts at quitting before, but you’re here now. I was given meds to help with the withdrawals, and I think it helped me to get through those first awful days. Stay close to SR and remember we are all here together x
SH- Hope your day gets better. I am familiar with the self-loathing thoughts at times but you can push through this and stay sober honey.. You’ve already come so far. Glad you are seeing your therapist.. Sometimes a nice nap can help too x
LULU- My fingers are crossed for your interviews. Hopefully you will hear something very soon. I hate waiting for anything -I’m far too impatient!!! Well done on your 23 days
Carrie- You sound like you’re doing great! Well done on venturing out of the house. It’s much easier to hide away in these early days. I seem to have developed an bit of an obsession for cleaning since I quit drinking 18 days ago! I’m driving my kids nuts haha!! Hang in there hun x
Thumpa- I agree you must have needed extra sleep. I think we should learn to listen to our bodies. We are so used to neglecting them. Hope you’re having a great day xx
ZEEBS- Well done on going so long without a drink!! 14 days is great ----2 WEEKS!! Yay
JIM- Great news that the head is clearing.. Hopefully it will keep on getting that bit better x
MISH- That must be such a great feeling!! Haha Bet you were excited to get stopped for once!! I know that for the past few years, if I had been stopped by a booze bus in the morning on my way to work I would have been arrestedLOL!! EVERY MORNING! That’s not counting the times I’ve also jumped in the car to buy more wine when I was already tanked! We can’t change our mistakes hey!
Pedro- GREAT response!!!! Love it!!! I'll remember that incase I get pulled up in the near future!!! At least it will be said with honesty!!
Strongbird- I’ve also just recently started with Weight watchers!! Move some of this wine-o-blubber!!! Let me know how you go with it!! Mine is coming off so slowly as i can't stop eating sweets!! lol One thing at a time right?!!
Hoping that everyone else is doing well, and enjoying another sober day/night xxxxxxx