View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Hi and welcome to the forum. You absolutely have a place here, I think a lot of us started visiting when we were trying to figure out what was going on and what we wanted to do about it. My only advice would be to read around as much as you can. You will see very clearly with real life examples how alcoholism is progressive. I was completely functioning in every aspect of my life for a long time. Until I wasn't and was doing things like passing out on my front porch for the whole world to see at 10 in the morning. It just kind of happens like that if you don't stop.
Just keep reading, ask any questions you want and get as much information you can to make the decision that you think is right for you. Remember though this a forum dedicated to quitting so you won't find a lot of tips or support for moderating your intake.
Only you can decide if you have a problem, but if you do know that it doesn't go away, it doesn't get better, it only, ever, gets worse.
Best of luck to you, thanks for signing up- the wider variety of viewpoints and experiences, the better the forum is for everyone.