Thread: Checking in
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DeltaBravo

Checking in

Hello all. Well I'm still here. Still kicking and still working my plan. It's been up and down considering everything I have in my life. I kept at it through AA and always felt like I was dozing off inside and not getting all that they were trying to offer. I recently started applying the techniques of AVRT and so far so good. I guess in my older years I became more of an analytical individual versus a spiritual one. Though I tried and tried to really grasp the concept. I still have to go to AA meetings (3 week) per my treatment. I'm fine with that. I've met some awesome people and hell if you have 30 years sober and you attribute it to AA...then who the hell am I to try to compare myself.

So yesterday I was watching tv and this show had a bunch of young people in Hawaii drinking and having a great time. My AV kicked in and started to hit me up ...."hey man you can do that....you can party don't that look fun"? Great thing about this approach for me is I can meet those thoughts head on....and even allow my AV/Beast to finish.

Anyways I'm thinking about journaling/blogging. Besides my battle with alcohol...I have so many other life altering issues/changes that are about to happen. I feel the more I speak on them the more support I'll have.