Old 01-26-2016, 08:23 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
FireSprite

So happy that we know our water guy/plumber really, really well. When I opened this month's salt delivery bill & saw the proposal to fix some system leaks I was a mix of emotions - happy to have someone I trust checking this stuff so I'm not getting hit with a big, expensive surprise; irritated at yet ANOTHER household repair, etc. Woohoo to see the note at the bottom: Don't worry about this, have RAH call me because I have some work I need done too - we can totally barter this!

Last week I said a few times that I REALLY needed to get to the local discount store & stock up on some cereal - DD & I are cereal hounds & go through a ton. A random shopping trip to a different store & they are clearance-pricing an entire section of cereal. I walked away with 45 boxes of cereal for $23.40. Yes, you read that correctly. 45 boxes @ 52 cents each.

Yesterday a client dropped in just to hug me & thank me for helping her stay strong through many talks. Long story but she finally woke up & left the abusive relationship she got into a year ago & saved herself before she lost herself in it. There was a LOT of red flags flying with him so I wasn't surprised when she announced that low & behold, she'd found out he was an Alcoholic! Their divorce is nearly complete & I pointed out to her that she is acting stronger than she ever talks about herself - does she see now that she IS capable, IS strong, IS worthy? Shock, then.... awe. Yes, I AM different now, in a better, stronger way. What a beautiful moment to witness her accepting that about herself for the first time, I feel blessed to be a part of it!